With the wind still blowing hard I decided that the best option would be to stay inland and find sheltered water. Local knowledge told me that roach are amassing in large numbers, getting ready for their spawning run.
Having derived great pleasure from smashing the pollack and ray over the last few days, I decided that a change was in order. Winds for the day were a little stiff for Lough Corrib so I decided to have a look at the river…….
Over the St. Patrick’s weekend I decided to travel a little further than Lough Corrib. With the rising temperatures and seemly more pleasant weather rolling in, I wanted to see if anything was stirring way out west in Connemara.